Tuesday, March 07, 2006

This Week's Releases: March 8, 2006

It's a light week this Wednesday at 2005 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award Winning Night Flight Comics, at least for me. This is a good thing: I need to pick up bags and boards, and there are some big must-buy Xbox 360 game releases this week. Working both habits, gaming and comics, on my limited budget is an exercise in creativity.

Having never read a Sky Ape book, King Of Girls sits at the top of my list this week. I've heard a lot of good stuff about this jetpack-enabled simian, and I look forward to seeing what all the fuss is about. American Virgin also looks mighty fine, with a mix of religion and sex that should nicely blend with my constant discomfort at living in a Mormon Theocracy. Becky Cloonan's the selling point, though.

As for the rest? More Seven Soldiers, another Fell, the start of some more Kirby-inspired Joe Casey, and another issue of Matt Wagner's Monster Men (or, as I call it, The Real All-Star Batman)

  • American Virgin #1
  • Batman And The Monster Men #5
  • Firestorm The Nuclear Man #23
  • Seven Soldiers: Frankenstein #3
  • Seven Soldiers: Mister Miracle #4
  • Teen Titans #33
  • Fell #4
  • Fantastic Four: First Family #1
  • Sky Ape: King Of Girls One Shot


Categories:

No comments: