Tuesday, April 25, 2006

This Week's Releases: April 26, 2006

Tomorrow I'll take a spin by 2005 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award Winning Night Flight Comics to pick up the week's releases, then head to my performance of Uncle Vanya.

I like those kind of days.

And what looks good this week? Well, the penultimate chapter of Seven Soldiers certainly looks tasty, and I'll probably now haul the whole kit 'n' kaboodle out of the file cabinet and reread it as one great big spewing of Morrison goodness. All the better to prepare for the last issue, whenever it approaches. Checkmate looks interesting, a return to Gail Simone's Villains United is a treat, and the OYL escapades of Batman, Hawkgirl, and the Legion Of Super-Heroes have me hooked so far. I'm also picking up a surprising amount of marvel books this week, with Astonishing X-Men being the leader of the pack.

  • Batman #652
  • Checkmate #1
  • Hawkgirl #51
  • Seven Soldiers: Frankenstein #4
  • Supergirl And The Legion Of Super-Heroes #17
  • Villains United Infinite Crisis Special
  • Godland #10
  • Amazing Spider-Man #531
  • Astonishing X-Men #14
  • Fantastic Four #537
  • Incredible Hulk #94
  • Iron Man: The Inevitable #5
  • New Avengers Annual #1
  • Ultimate Fantastic Four #29
  • X-Factor #6


Categories:

2 comments:

collectededitions said...

Is Hawkgirl that good? From what previews I've seen, I've been turned off by Walter Simonson's wordiness, and Howard Chaykin's seemingly broad, sketchy art. But I also recognize that the two of them are legends in the industry, enough so that I'll probably give the trade a try. What do you like about the series so far?

Mark Fossen said...

Honestly?

Nostalgia. :)

Simonson and Chaykin? That's my teen years there. That's what formed me as a comic reader.