Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Thank You, Mister Morrison!

DC Comics Sneak Peek: "SEVEN SOLDIERS: MISTER MIRACLE #1 (OF 4)"

One of the things that really pushed me back into comics (instead of the occasional trade collection that I've done over the past few months) was Grant Morrison's Seven Soldiers project. It's one of those things that I just can't wait for. I've missed all the issues published so far, but should be catching up soon thanks to the mail order finery of Midtown Comics and MyComicShop.com.

All this blather of mine is preface to pages 5 and 6 of the Interior Art PDF that DC's shown of the Mister Miracle mini. Perhaps this is par for the course for Seven Soldiers, but I was blown away.

Blown away ... and happy as that proverbial clam. And this is the guy revamping the DCU? Were I the sort of person who would squealing with glee, I would be doing so at this very moment.

It's pages like that which make me say: "Gosh. But I really do like comics."

Go. Look for yourself. Savor it.

No comments: