Wednesday, September 21, 2005

This Week's Shopping List: September 21, 2005

For the first time since my mailordercomics.com experiment ended, I will be able to actually hit 2005 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award Winning Night Flight Comics on New Comics Day and pick up a full haul. There are a few books running late that are still coming from mailordercomics.com, but it seems that my purchase of weekly priority shipping was only good for the month the books were solicited. Now that I'm no longer active with the service, all late books will only ship out at the end of the month. I could wait, but with some of my favorite titles on that list, I'll just buy duplicates, and do something with the others when they arrive in October.

There's lots to look forward to, but the most anticipated this week is Seven Soldiers: Mister Miracle. I'm excited to see a new Seven Soldiers making a debut, the preview made me positively gleeful, and the art's by Pascual Ferry (though only for one issue). Other highlights include a Millar trifecta of Ultimate Fantastic Four, Ultimates 2, and an Ultimate Fantastic Four Annual. It may even be a quad-fecta if I pick up the last issue of his Wolverine run, a standalone issue featuring a monstrous Logan in WWII. I was planning to get his whole run when it shows in the nice oversized hardcover format, but may break down for the black-and-white version.

New Avengers continues to string me along nicely, as I wait to figure out all the pieces to this Sentry puzzle. It's been said Captain America is the best of the House Of M tie-ins, and I'm hoping Brubaker comes through. Godland continues to be a joy, and JSA Classified should be fun as more of the Crisis comes into view. Though I enjoyed the first issue of Top Ten: Beyond The Farthest Precinct, I think I'm moving it to my "wait for trade" list. Same with Daredevil: Father.

  • Day Of Vengeance #6
  • JSA Classified #3
  • Seven Soldiers: Mister Miracle #1
  • Godland #3
  • Captain America #10
  • New Avengers #10
  • Ultimate Fantastic Four #23
  • Ultimate Fantastic Four Annual #1
  • Ultimates 2 #8
  • Conan #20


Categories:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

darn, I forgot to pick up Mister Miracle yesterday. Have you read it yet, any impressions?