Wednesday, September 06, 2006

This Week's Releases: September 7, 2006

Well, my Madden 07 review is finally up, and that's a heck of a load off. 2000 words of analysis, and it'll just end up as bait for a flamwwar about a numeric score. Frankly, game reviewing is what drove me to Focused Totality ... it's work.

Anyways, what awaits me at 2005 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award Winning Night Flight Comics this Labor-delayed New Comics Day? Just like last year, Labor Day pushes New Comics Day and NFL Kickoff together into a delicious stew that you can label "A Few Of My favorite Things". Trust me when I say, in true Kirby/Lee style "Lo, There Shall Come A Pizza."

Not a lot here to get excited about, is there? I'm committed to All-New Atom through Byrne's departure, as I'd like to see the book without his funky stylings. Mystery In Space, American Splendor, Marvel 1602: Fantastick Four, Lone Ranger, Mystery In Space all end up in the same boat: debuts that interest me, yet don't exactly have me counting the minutes.

Local's back, though, and that's a good thing.

  • 52 #18
  • All-New Atom #3
  • American Splendor #1
  • Detective Comics #823
  • Mystery In Space #1
  • Agents Of Atlas #2
  • Beyond #3
  • Marvel 1602: Fantastick Four #1
  • Uncanny X-Men #478
  • Lone Ranger #1
  • Local #6
  • Snakewoman #2


Categories:

1 comment:

Mark Fossen said...

I need to remember to buy it next month, then. I dropped it because of Jones, but I'll give Wolfman a try.