Monday, January 08, 2007

This Week's Releases: January 10, 2007

Wow. It's Wednesday, and there are comics. After weeks of delays caused by holidays and weather and the Pony Express stopping to graze, there's actually a Wednesday with a lot of new books on the shelves of 2005 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award Winning Night Flight Comics. I'm not buying many personally ... but in the abstract, it's a welcome return to normalcy.

I know I took my potshot at a major component of Warren Ellis' Thunderbolts run, but I'm still looking forward to it more than any other single book this week. It shows all the possibility of a Ellis Suicide Squad ... and I'd be lining up to buy that one. I'm also interested to see where Justice Society of America and Welcome To Tranquility go in their second issues, and realize that each of these final Vaughan Runaways deserve to be savored.

I'm also really looking forward to more of the Raccoons That Walk As Men that Whilce Portacio brings to Batman Confidential. Other than that, I'm still confused as to what's still arriving from last week's solicits, and what will be missing from this.

  • 52 #36
  • Batman #662
  • Batman Confidential #2
  • Gen 13 #4
  • Justice Society Of America #2
  • Stormwatch: PHD #3
  • Welcome To Tranquility #2
  • Godland #15
  • Phonogram #4
  • Runaways #23
  • Thunderbolts #110

No comments: