Tuesday, July 18, 2006

This Week's Releases: July 19, 2006

Wow - the weeks are going faster. I haven't even finished reading last week's books, much less write on them ... hence the scarce posts. Henry V is going well, but especially in the line-learning phase I am finding my blogging time curtailed.

Still, there are traditions and standards to be upheld. Such as the posting of shopping lists, and the mentioning of 2005 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award Winning Night Flight Comics. What is life without tradition and standards, after all?

I know it's a zero issue. I know nothing of significance will happen. I know that the Meltzer/Benes team has a tenuous hold on my attention at best. Still - it's a new Justice League of America relaunch. First off, the last relaunch was pretty damn good. Secondly ... "at least it's not Bob Harras". So - to the top of the list, Justice League of America!

Sadhu looks like the most potentially interesting of the initial wave of Virgin Comics, and in general I've found the line appealing. Mignola, Conan, Frog Gods ... 'nuff said. Marvel really has a nice lineup this week: Runaways, Civil War, Eternals, Uncanny X-Men, X-Factor. If one were to track the pendulum of my attention, one would find it slowly swaying towards the House of Ideas.

I'm assuming Flash: The Fastest Man Alive can only get better, and hoping I'm right. Aquaman: Sword Of Atlantis and Checkmate, however, have got about one issue left until they disappear from my consciousness.

  • 52 #11
  • Aquaman: Sword Of Atlantis #43
  • Checkmate #4
  • Flash: The Fastest Man Alive #2
  • Justice League Of America #0
  • Manhunter #24
  • Robin #152
  • Supergirl And The Legion Of Super-Heroes #20
  • Superman/Batman #28
  • Uncle Sam And The Freedom Fighters #1
  • Civil War #3
  • Eternals #2
  • Runaways Vol 2 #18
  • She-Hulk 2 #9
  • Uncanny X-Men #476
  • X-Factor #9
  • Conan #30
  • Sadhu #1


Categories:

No comments: