Tuesday, November 28, 2006

This Week's Releases: November 29, 2006

Seems like just yesterday that I was at 2005 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award Winning Night Flight Comics picking up books ....

... In fact, it was just yesterday that I was at 2005 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award Winning Night Flight Comics picking up books!

The March Of Progress marches on, however, and new books are a' comin'.

I feel some important vote is cast as I choose between two Jeph Loeb books from opposite sides of the fence: Onslaught Reborn and Batman/The Spirit. Truth told, however, the Loebs cancel each other out and the choice comes down to Darwyn Cooke vs. Rob Liefeld. I know where my vote is going.

I've been sitting out Brubaker's Daredevil run, preferring to tradewait the whole thing and regretting my decision monthly. I do not intent to make the same mistake with Immortal Iron Fist.

Green Lantern is about at the end of the line for me. I want to like the book, but Johns' run has one plot repeated endlessly: Hal's Past Comes Back To Haunt Him. Go be a goddamn Space Cop, Hal, and quit yer emo navelgazin'.

Johns' Teen Titans also repeats that exact same plot, but I tolerate it better there. Maybe because they are not goddamn Space Cops who could be doing goddamn Space Cop things?

  • 52 #30
  • Batman #659
  • Batman/The Spirit
  • Deathblow #2
  • Green Lantern #15
  • Superman/Batman #30
  • Teen Titans #41
  • Captain America #24
  • Immortal Iron Fist #1
  • Nextwave: Agents Of H.A.T.E. #10
  • Punisher X-Mas Special
  • X-Men #193
  • Talent #4

No comments: