Tuesday, November 07, 2006

This Week's Releases: November 8, 2006

My most anticipated releases this week are of a distinctly digital kind: Gears Of War and Call Of Duty 3. Both for the Xbox 360, both hitting tomorrow. It's a banner month for gaming, and these two titles look to get it started tight. I also have a copy of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance on the way through the cheapness of eBay, and will be sure to share some thoughts.

And when I get to 2005 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award Winning Night Flight Comics? What will I be buying there?

Well, it's more a matter of what I won't be buying. There's a lot of interesting-but-I'll-wait releasing this week. Bullet Points has a great premise and Tommy Lee Edwards, but J. Michael Straczynski's comics work is really hit and miss for me ... without the "hit" part. Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes II has a great creative team, but will probably read better in the eventual trade than in monthly doses. I get the same tradewait vibe off Wisdom, but the fact Paul Cornell is responsible for one of the best hours of television ever makes me feel like I should give it a try.

The highlight of the week, without doubt, is a new Action Philosophers! arriving to grace us with its intelligence and humor.

  • 52 #27
  • Batman #658
  • Batman And The Mad Monk #4
  • Gen 13 #2
  • Green Lantern #14
  • Superman #657
  • Teen Titans #40
  • Phonogram #3
  • Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #4
  • Doctor Strange: Oath #2
  • Eternals #5
  • Wisdom #1
  • Battlestar Galactica #3
  • Action Philosophers #7

5 comments:

Paul Cornell said...

Oh, well, gosh, thanks very much. Go on, buy Wisdom, you're just on the edge of going to. You just need someone to nudge you into a comic shop.

Mark Fossen said...

I tried, I really did.

But I hadn't preordered, and my local shop didn't order even a single shelf copy. I'll have to try to find it - not an easy feat in Utah, sparse of comic shops.

SallyP said...

Wisdom was actually a lot of fun. Even better, Green Lantern #14 came out! Woohoo! AND Fables.

Emperor Nerd said...

Gears of War is actually as good as the hype. Especially the first time you hit someone with the chainsaw!

dfadf said...

Microsoft Office
Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010
Office 2010 key
Office 2010 download
Office 2010 Professional
Microsoft outlook
Outlook 2010
Windows 7
Microsoft outlook 2010