Tuesday, October 11, 2005

This Week's Shopping List: October 12, 2005

I won't be hitting 2005 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award Winning Night Flight Comics until Friday this week, which is disappointing when it's the week that Infinite Crisis hits the stands. I'm not sure how I'll avoid spoilers - maybe I'll just unplug my DSL for two days, or play World Of Warcraft for 72 hours straight (though it could get spoiled in Ironforge General Chat).

It's a week light on the debit card, but rich in chewy capes-n-tights fun. I write a lot about indy and manga on the blog here, but I am still a superhero fan at heart. The DCU is really what spins my rotors, and this week sees a lot that should make the "Big Picture" come into focus: Firestorm, JLA, Villains United, and Infinite Crisis itself. House Of M feels slight in comparison, but I'll finish up the series before making any decisions about how much longer I support Marvel. Gødland will be a nice treat after my Big Two pig-out, and I'm looking forward to sampling The Goon with their quarter comic. Since it's such a light week, I may rectify my idiocy of last week and get The Push Man ... or I may hit Hoarse And Buggy and order the original issues of Elk's Run: with extra cash comes extra responsibility, and I must use my dollars for good.

  • Action Comics #832
  • Firestorm #18
  • Infinite Crisis #1
  • JLA #120
  • Villains United #6
  • Gødland #4
  • House Of M #7
  • Goon 25-Cent Comic


Categories:

5 comments:

Hate Filled Poster said...

What I'm getting...(my wallet hurts)

100 BULLETS #65
ACTION COMICS #832
BREACH #10
EX MACHINA #15 *
FIRESTORM #18 *
GREEN ARROW #55
HAWKMAN #45 *
INFINITE CRISIS #1
JLA #120
VILLAINS UNITED #6
Y THE LAST MAN #38 *
FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #1
GHOST RIDER #2 *
GRAVITY #5 (OF 5)
HOUSE OF M #7
MARVEL MONSTERS WHERE MONSTERS DWELL
ULTIMATE X-MEN #64
WOLVERINE #34


The titles with the * are books I'm thinking about dropping.

Mark Fossen said...

Ghost Rider definitely did not work for me in issue 1. I like Ennis a lot, but sometimes his angel stuff ... eh. It just feels like a repeat.

Mark Fossen said...

what about FNSM #1?
To start a 12-issue crossover across three titles? No thank you.

What a horrible way to start a series.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited that IC is finally here. I've been rushing to finish up all the lead-ins like the Rann-Thanagar War and the Donna Troy mini (I know that's not officially a lead-in, but I have a feeling she will be a big part of the story). I hope it isn't a let down.

I'm looking forward to JLA #120. I think it is time to shake the group up a little although I'll miss Supes in the group.

Mark Fossen said...

I have caught up with everything but the Donna Troy series. That's a last straggler from mailorder, though, and it's won't arrive until early November. I don't think I'll be waiting. :)

I'm looking forward to Crisis a ton. They've done a good job of keeping a lid on things, and i am excited to learn about it as it happens.