Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Opening Night!


I'm sure you all are tired of hearing about it ... but I'm not tired of writing about it. So there: it's my blogparty and I'll cry if I want to! Y'all will get your comics content tomorrow with a new "52 on 52".

"It", of course, is Salt Lake Shakespeare's Henry V.

This marks my first real opening night since the Clinton Administration, and I couldn't be happier. It was a strange and unlikely series of coincidences that led me to this show, and it's almost enough to make me believe in fate/karma/divinity. This has been the best experience I could hope for in a return to acting, working with a wonderful group to create something that is quite extraordinary. Like comics, theatre is a collaborative artform and it's that synergy and synthesis that makes great art. I'm relishing the day, and savoring the countdown to being in front of an audience tonight.

Here's a bit of press from the Deseret News, and a bit more from the Salt Lake Tribune.

No comments: