Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Focused Linkblogging of Love

It's Valentine's Day, so it's all about the love in this little linkblog:


  • Reason #67 in "Why I Love Double Articulation":

    By some happy cosmic accident, these absolutely symmetrical covers were published only a year apart, at a time when I was young enough to feel that comics were like signals from the stars, profound messages from a distant planet or from beneath the crust of this one, artifacts, alien or ancient, intended exclusively for me.



  • Mike Sterling loves comics.


  • Have I ever mentioned how much I love Brian Cronin's monthly feature over at Comics Should Be Good, "Judging Books By Their Covers"? I haven't? ... Well, I really love "Judging Books By Their Covers".


  • Beaucoup Kevin is noticing a possible pattern in AiT/PlanetLar solicitations, and he mentions a "nagging rumor" that Five Fists Of Science has jumped from Ait/PlanetLar to Image. It's page at the AiT/PlanetLar site has gone missing and the switch is confirmed in this week's All The Rage, as it was apparently announced at WonderCon. This is the one Ait/PlanetLar title that's really on my radar, and news it's actually on it's way (regardless of publisher) is most welcome and fills me with thoughts of steampunk love.


Categories:

2 comments:

James Meeley said...

Mark:

You failed to take note of The Comic Asylum's "Guy Gardner Week."

It's a great time, look at one of the biggest a-holes of the superhero community. It's fun for the whole family.

Today even features a special "Valentine's Day" look at Guy. You can't beat that. ;)

Jim Roeg said...

Thank you, Mark! You know the feeling's mutual. And just to stick with the theme of me regressing to childhood: I feel transported back to the days of grade three when the whole class gave out Valentines to each other. That was nice... Happy Valentine's Day! :)