- Johanna has a lovely review of Nana, a manga I've been meaning to write about. I love the characters, and Yazawa's control of the pace of the page is astounding.
- Chris Butcher weighs in with his take on the Speakeasy situation, and it's well worth a read. The licensed properties he mentions could have really been something to see, and could have been one of those mythic "expand the audience" properties that are comics' current Holy Grail.
- Witty parodies are nothing new on the WeboComicsBlogoNet, but this one from Ye Olde Comick Booke Blogge is particularly delightful.
And by "delightful", I mean filled with blood and Hostess.
- I've seen some impressive screenshots for the upcoming Xbox 360 games based on Top Cow's The Darkness, and the development company has a good track record. There are the people that made a stunning game out of The Chronicles Of Riddick. Well ... the game has found a publisher, and a good one at that.
- In the vein of the excellent X-Men Legends, Activision is developing Marvel Legends. The link mentions that the games so far have been based on the Ultimate Universe, but that's not quite the case: the X-Men games were a skillful blend of movies, Ultimate, and mainstream versions of the characters. An Avengers/Ultimates beat-em up could be quite a lot of fun.