Friday, March 24, 2006

T.G.I.F.: March 24, 2006



Usually the T.G.I.F. is a panel that made me smile this week. This seven-day stretch, nothing made me smile more than this link. Why?

Last Friday, I was slogging though the end of my coding day. In the spirit of procrastination, I hopped to my Bloglines. Seeing the latest Isotope Communique had gone out, I checked it. I noticed an problem in the post, something I know James Sime wouldn't want going out. I emailed him .... and he sent back the YouTube link showcased above.

He also said one was coming my way.

I show weekly love to the good people at 2005 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award Winning Night Flight Comics, but if I were to move anywhere in the U.S. based solely on comics retailing, I'd move back to the Bay Area to shop at the Isotope Lounge. James Sime does things right.

He pimps strange books that catch his attention like Blurred Vision. And I thank him for it - it's a preview that really caught my interest for a book that would probably have flown at a tangent to my radar.

He backs his choices, even offering to square things because I wasn't thrilled with a book he recommended.

He thanks strange bloggers by sending them swankness taken form. The impending arrival of this simple pint glass has made my week.

Thanks, Mr. Sime.

1 comment:

Jason said...

I've visite the 'tope and spent more time in there than I've ever spent in my own comic shop.

Sime is all class.