- Mark Millar is starting a series of auctions to help aid research headed towards a vaccine for Crohn's Disease, from which he suffers. Today, the first item in the auction was posted, and it's a doozy: a starring role in his next creator-owned project. I was expecting signed scripts, original art, and so forth ... this is another level altogether.
- Young Avengers has won the "Outstanding Comic Book" award from GLAAD. That is excellent, and I completely agree. The great thing about the boys' relationship is it's simple acceptance. It's not a plot point, it's not an issue, it's not a Very Special Episode of Young Avengers. Two youngsters are in love, their friends accept them, their parents accept them ... they move along and punch badguys.
- I noticed this post about Girl-Wonder.org being under attack, only for the reason that it sounds awfully familiar. While running the Operation Sports forums, I dealt with more than a few such "attacks". From Marionette's description, I'm guessing it was good ol' goatse*. Dealt with one such goatse spam attack when I was up at 3 AM getting a crying baby back to sleep ... much fun was had. Really - internet assholery is equal-opportunity.
- Not just anyone can handle a 42-day month, but Dave Carter can. In an decompressed storyline worthy of Bendis, Dave extended is famous Free Comic Book Month a few extra days. All told, he gave away 150 comics. Great work, Dave!
- I love reading Warren Ellis talking about comics and process and theory. Technically, today's Newsarama interview is about Desolation Jones, but there's a lot more there.
*No, I'm not linking to it. Are you nuts?