Tuesday, August 23, 2005

This Week's Shopping List: August 24, 2005

After having been unable to hit the shop last week, so this week's trip to 2005 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award Winning Night Flight Comics will give me a chance to catch up on last week's releases, too.

This week's most anticipated book is a close race between the debut of Warren Ellis' Jack Cross and the final chapter in Smoke, the wonderful miniseries from Alex de Campi and Igor Kordey. I'm not sensing a lot of excitement from Ellis himself based off Bad Signal mailings, so Smoke gets the nod. (It also gets the nod because it's utterly fantastic.)

New Comics Day also sees a whole passel of Infinite Crisis build-up with the releases of Day Of Vengeance, OMAC Project, and JSA Classified. I have pretty massive reservations about buying a Rob Liefeld fill-in issue of Teen Titans, but I'll give it a flip-through in the store based solely on Gail Simone. I'm giving Black Panther a try due to the House Of M tie-in, but the more I read the tie-ins the less impressed I am by what Marvel's doing.


  • Adventures Of Superman #643
  • Day Of Vengeance #5
  • Jack Cross #1
  • JSA Classified #2
  • OMAC Project #5
  • Teen Titans #27
  • Black Panther #7
  • Fantastic Four #530
  • Smoke #3

Categories:

No comments: