Tuesday, January 10, 2006

This Week's Releases: January 11, 2006


This installment of Focused Totality is brought to you by Slim Pickens. Because this is a Slim Pickens kind of a New Comics Day, at least from where I sit.

I am not sure I'll even head down to 2005 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award Winning Night Flight Comics this week, as the hour and a half round trip is a bit much for such a small packet of books. Only four floppies interest me, and I really ought to abandon JLA - it's a shame that a relaunch that began with the incendiary bang of Grant Morrison has been ushered out by this whimper. There is quality, though: Small Gods and Desolation Jones are among the best of what's being published these days, and there are not many weeks where fully half my shopping list is exemplary.

  • Desolation Jones #5
  • JLA #124
  • Small Gods #12
  • Ultimate Extinction #1


Categories:

No comments: