Tuesday, January 17, 2006

This Week's Releases: January 18, 2006

Looking over this week's list, comparing it to what caught my eye 7 days ago ... I'm about to go Scanners on y'all. I skipped the trip to 2005 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award Winning Night Flight Comics last Thursday, but this week will more than balance that out.

It's my schitck here that I pick my most anticipated book each week, and pimp it's cover image. I know the industry breathlessly awaits the weekly decision, like an Eisner without all the pesky "cred". While I don't mean to pull a Selig, I can't pick one this week. Obviously, new issues of Planetary and All-Star Superman vie for the spot, and I have been Solomonic in my wisdom.

And past that? Weeks that count Infinite Crisis, Seven Soldiers, Casey/Irving Iron Man, and the return of X-Statix among the second tier are not in any way, shape, or form weak. This is an exciting a week of comicbookery as I can recall.

  • Action Comics #835
  • All Star Superman #2
  • Firestorm #21
  • Green Lantern #7
  • Infinite Crisis #4
  • JSA Classified #7
  • Planetary #24
  • Seven Soldiers: Mister Miracle #3
  • Sgt Rock: The Prophecy #1
  • Iron Man: The Inevitable #2
  • X-Statix Presents Dead Girl #1
  • Conan #24
  • Penny Arcade: Attack Of The Bacon Robots TP
  • Warren Ellis' Apparat, Vol 1 TP
  • Teen Titans/Outsiders: Insiders TP


Categories:

No comments: