Wednesday, July 20, 2005

This Week's Shopping List: July 20, 2005

I won't be hitting the 2005 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award Winning Night Flight Comics today, but will be heading down tomorrow early. This week doesn't promise quite the same quality as last, but I'm looking forward to both Astonishing X-Men and the start of a new storyarc in Ultimates 2. I also completely missed Seven Soldiers: Guardian last week, so there's no way this week's shopping bag will be a complete loss.

I'm also making a point to start picking up something each week that will expand my horizons a bit ... something unexpected that isn't on my list, and isn't on the mainstream racks. Truth is, I loved writing last week's piece on Desolation Jones. (And getting some nice attention ... well, that doesn't hurt.) However, there's nothing in this week's pull list (apart from, perhaps, Ultimates 2) that looks .... meaty enough.

I've completely missed the Manga revolution while out of comics, and am bringing a short list of titles to look for culled from "The Most Beautiful Manga Thread in the World". So I'll be looking at that, and at the indy racks.


  • Adventures Of Superman #642
  • Day Of Vengeance #4
  • Plastic Man #17
  • Teen Titans #26
  • Astonishing X-Men #11
  • House Of M #4
  • Secrets Of The House Of M #1
  • Spider-Man House Of M #2
  • Ultimates 2 #7
  • Hellboy The Island #2
  • Conan #18

Categories:

1 comment:

Mark Fossen said...

That'll have to wait. Scott Pilgrim was in stock, so I picked up both volumes of that. Blus a couple of other unexpected picks ...

Once again, spending about $40 over what I expected. :)