Friday, November 04, 2005

T.G.I.F.: November 4, 2005


Sometimes, it's hard finding the "happy" every Friday. It's not that my weekly purchases aren't enjoyable. They are. They just don't so much make with the "happy". There's a good helping of "cool", a splash or two of "wow" and always a heaping tablespoon of "F*@% YEAH". I obviously need to buy some more manga, because manga makes with the happy. I believe a nice splurge on Fruits Basket, Yotsuba&!, and Love Roma would fill my Fridays for a while.

In the meantime, I present this delightful cover to a somewhat-less-than-delightful comic. I bowed to the pressure of an interconnected universe, and caught up on Supergirl. If Ian Churchill could do this on the inside, I'd be ecstatic. Even if he needed to "kick it up a notch" with a pinch of Image-style "BAM!", using the basic anatomy knowledge he cribs from Swan on this cover would be an improvement.

.....

That's not "happy" at all, Mark. That's positively snarky.

I pledge to do better next week.

2 comments:

Mister Bones said...

I love the retro covers, still can't believe that's Churchill.

You've got yourself a very nice blog here, I'll be adding a link in the Batcave.

Anonymous said...

I simply can let pass a Batman story. I consider him as an icon and even bigger than Superman. A mortal superhero that uses wit. To boot, he is good at fighting with villains.