Friday, December 02, 2005

Focused Linkblogging


  • Devon is so right. Pound for pound, measuring the pure "OhMyGodHellYeahILoveComics!" frequency, is there any run that matches Morrison's JLA? Maybe my favorite moment is from World War III when the people of Earth and the hosts of heaven unite to save Superman: "They said Superman had saved them more times than they could count ..."

    I also cry at the end of It's a Wonderful Life. Yearly.

  • Guy LeCharles Gonzalez flatters me tremendously. And that makes me happy - not only the mention, but that it comes from a site I respect the hell out of. I think Buzzscope is the best comics-news site on the web right now. The appealing thing is its diversity: it's trying to invite everyone to the table. It cuts across lines of race and sex as easily as it cuts across the indy/capes divide. I'd like to see an RSS feed for the site because Bloglines drives my day, but having built a vBulletin-driven site myself I am really impressed with the design and technology otherwise.

  • In other cool Buzzscope news is their new column: "Read This Way", by Tania Del Rio. A female American manga-ka. That is exactly what I'm talking about.


Categories:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey this is chanzero, pcs producer. just wanted to let you know that one of the new features debuting with our big relaunch in january will include rss feeds ^_^

Mark Fossen said...

Excellent news.

The RSS I set up at Operation Sports (based off vB) broke all to hell when 3.5 came out.

But - the site is a wonder, what you're doing off a vBulletin base.

Jhunt said...

FYI -

It's Devon, not Scipio, who is currently rocking the blogosphere with his "Reasons to Read DC".

But that certainly doesn't change the awesomitude of the Morrison JLA run.

Mark Fossen said...

It's Devon, not Scipio, who is currently rocking the blogosphere with his "Reasons to Read DC".

Doh. Edited.

Why do I always get those two confused? .... Shame on me.

Matter-Eater Lad said...

I loved that scene. I think I even got a little misty the first time I read it. Of course, I got misty at the end of Toy Story...

Mark Fossen said...

I think I even got a little misty the first time I read it.
I definitely did ... that "crowd rises up to help the hero" always gets me. From JLA to Jesus de Montreal.

Guy LeCharles Gonzalez said...

I also cry at the end of It's a Wonderful Life. Yearly.

I totally know where you're coming from here. That movie literally changed my life at 18 years old, the year I watched it 12 times around Christmas.

And thanks for props!