Tuesday, December 06, 2005

This Week's Releases: December 7, 2005

Due to various circumstances, I am looking at a delayed run to 2005 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award Winning Night Flight Comics. I will not receive my dosage of comics goodness until late Thursday or Friday. Color me sad, especially because discussing the latest Ultimates at Millarworld as it hits the stands is just plain spoilerrific fun. I suppose I have more time to re-read the series so far, as I am wont to do before each new issue.

Looking over the week's releases, I am most looking forward to the Demo collection. I missed Demo's original release, and I look forward to being the last blogger in the Northern Hemisphere to read and comment on this series that is, by all accounts, a masterwork. Judging from others' commentary, it's one of the most important things I missed while away from comics. Obviously, more Seven Soldiers, Ultimates, and the real All-Star Batman will also bring joy to the reading pile.

I was interested in Street Fighter II #1 only for Corey Lewis, but now that I see he's not the only creator I may need to give it a flip first. Caveman Robot was not on my radar in the least until I read about "Ape Lincoln and his Confederate Union of Apemerica" ... now I hope to find it with a quiet desperation. The Image Comics Holiday Special 2005 is something I'll need to decide on in-store, as I don't know I can cough up the ten spot when all I really am looking for is that Godland goodness. Penny Arcade is my favorite webcomic, so getting it in print for a quarter is such a no-brainer even I can't screw it up. The Showcase Presents: Justice League Of America is also a no-brainer ... but budgetary concerns may screw that one up.

  • Batman And The Monster Men #2
  • Gotham Central #38
  • Jonah Hex #2
  • JSA #80
  • Outsiders #31
  • Seven Soldiers: Mister Miracle #2
  • Superman #224
  • Superman Secret Files 2005
  • Image Comics Holiday Special 2005
  • Down #2
  • Marvel Zombies #1
  • Ultimates 2 #9
  • Penny Arcade 1x 25 Cents
  • Caveman Robot #1
  • Showcase Presents Justice League Of America Vol 1 TP
  • Demo Collection TP


Categories:

3 comments:

Iason Ragnar Bellerophon said...

YOU CAN BUY MY COMIC HERE! VIA PAYPAL

http://www.cavemanrobot.com/

Mark Fossen said...

Dear Caveman Robot,

I already did.

Thanks,
Mark Fossen

(Seriously - they have an easibly navigable site, with great prices. $4 shipped for two comics? That's a dead easy sell.)

Iason Ragnar Bellerophon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.