Wednesday, December 28, 2005

This Week's Releases: December 29, 2005

Due to the holidays, shipments are delayed a day. That means I'll be heading down to 2005 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award Winning Night Flight Comics on Thursday this week. Which is fine - I am still wading through my Absolute Crisis On Infinite Earths. In fact, the holiday revelry means that I haven't even finished last week's books yet.

As I honestly appraise the list, it's a bit ... light. I've been holding off on my Comic Bloggers' Poll 2005 vote in the off chance something magical squeezes in before the deadline. That, however, seems unlikely considering this week's pull list. Lots of books I enjoy, none for which I am apeshit head-over-heels in love.

Well, there is one: Young Avengers. I think it's the best book Marvel's doing right now, and a super-sized origin book sounds grand. I also am thoroughly enjoying Warren Ellis' JLA Classified run, X-Factor had a surprisingly good debut issue, and All Star Batman And Robin The Boy Wonder always provides grist for the mill.

  • All Star Batman And Robin The Boy Wonder #3
  • JLA Classified #15
  • Silent Dragon #6
  • Solo #8
  • Superman Batman #23
  • Wonder Woman #224
  • New Avengers #14
  • She-Hulk 2 #3 $
  • Thing #2
  • Ultimate Fantastic Four #26
  • X-Factor #2
  • Young Avengers Special #1


Categories:

1 comment:

Chris said...

I too am thoroughly enjoying JLA:Classified. I think it's a good old-fashioned JLA-vs-Cosmic Threat story, and I really like the way Butch Guice draws Superman/Clark Kent.