As the year draws to a close, everyone's making lists of the best and the worst. I'm a stickler for the rules, so I'll be waiting until this week's books to make my final decisions on the best of the year. Others have forged ahead:
- Chris's Invincible Super-Blog has posted The Jackson Ten: 2005's Most Totally Awesome Graphic Novels. This list is great because it covers a lot of books which aren't appearing on other lists. Hivemind be damned, expert gamesman Dave Jackson has inspired Chris to greatness.
- James Meeley brings the snark with The Comic Asylum's 2005 Year In Drek.
- Christopher Allen and Alan David Doane bring us The Comic Book Galaxy Best of 2005, with some interesting categories and some titles you probably haven't heard of.
- Top 5? Top 10? Those are for mere mortals. Shawn Hoke displays his godlike majesty in bestowing 365 Things I Enjoyed in Comics This Year.
- I was honored when David Taylor asked me to contribute to Love Manga's Best of 2005, and will be using this post as a resource over the next 12 months as I continue to explore the world of manga.
- Dave Campbell has a "Best Of" list that, like the titans of olde, strides across prose, comics, TV, and dead people. When the titans of olde made "Best Of" lists ... that's how they rolled.